- Bridge
- Cantina
- Lab
- Char
- Research and Technology
- Trophies and Rewards

Installer Text

Adjutant

Centuries ago four prison ships from Earth veered off course and journeyed deep into the remote Koprulu sector. There they crash-landed on the planets of Tarsonis, Moria, and Umoja.

Cut off from Earth, the survivors established colonies throughout the sector. The largest, Tarsonis, was founded by a powerful yet increasingly oppressive government called the Confederacy.

Spurred by the terrible acts of this government, Arcturus Mengsk formed the Sons of Korhal. This rebel army fought to overthrow the Confederacy and liberate the Koprulu sector.

Even as Mengsk and his resistance fighters fought to overthrow the corrupt Confederacy, a much greater threat confronted the terrans.

Without warning, massive alien warships appeared and surrounded the Confederate planet of Chau Sara. Calling themselves protoss, the aliens incinerated the planet's surface and then mysteriously withdrew.

The planet had been infested by another type of alien: the zerg. These monstrous creatures threatened to overwhelm terran space, and the protoss sought to eradicate them before they spread.

The zerg had already reached the neighboring planet, Mar Sara, and Marshal Jim Raynor fought to save the terrified colonists as the Confederate government abandoned them to the alien menace.

The Sons of Korhal intervened, saving thousands of lives from the rampaging zerg and enigmatic protoss. Disgusted by the Confederacy, Raynor joined the rebels and met Sarah Kerrigan.

Kerrigan was a former Confederate ghost operative, and she shared Raynor's desire for a liberated Koprulu sector. They grew close as the battle with the Confederacy escalated.

But Mengsk went too far in his hatred and ambition. He ordered devices placed on the Confederate capital world of Tarsonis to lure the zerg and annihilate the population.

The protoss, led by Executor Tassadar, decided to help the Terrans defeat the zerg instead of purging the planet of life. Mengsk sent Kerrigan to stop Tassadar's interference.

With Kerrigan battling the protoss, the zerg overwhelmed Tarsonis and decimated the population. Having achieved his goals, Mengsk left the planet and abandoned Kerrigan to the aliens.

Sickened by Mengsk's treachery, Raynor quit the Sons of Korhal. He raced to the planet's surface to save Kerrigan, but was too late: no trace of her remained.

Having destroyed the Confederacy, Mengsk crowned himself emperor of the newly formed Terran Dominion; a government that would prove to be just as corrupt as its predecessor.

Raynor mourned the loss of Kerrigan and vowed revenge. Unbeknownst to him, however, the zerg hadn't killed Kerrigan. Instead, they took her to the volcanic planet of Char.

On Char, Kerrigan was transformed into the alien Queen of Blades. She became a being of immense psionic power, loyal to the Overmind, ruler of the zerg Swarm.

Separate from Tassadar's forces, another protoss faction emerged from the shadows. Zeratul and his dark templar sought to end the zerg expansion through stealth and the power of the Void.

The two protoss forces joined together against the Swarm, but the Overmind was able to discover their secret homeworld of Aiur. The zerg quickly invaded, and the Overmind embedded itself in the planet's surface.

Zeratul taught Tassadar how to combine his powers with those of the Void.  Tassadar fused those energies into his ship, and crashed it into the gargantuan Overmind, destroying it utterly.

Despite Tassadar's sacrifice, the protoss on Aiur were forced to seek refuge on the dark templar homeworld of Shakuras. With the Overmind destroyed, Kerrigan assumed control of the zerg.

Raynor began a resistance movement against the oppressive Dominion. In retaliation, Mengsk deployed his greatest weapon -- propaganda -- to marginalize Raynor's efforts and paint him as a terrorist.

It is now four years later. Kerrigan and the zerg have remained ominously silent. Meanwhile, the Dominion has grown in power and extended its influence throughout the Koprulu sector.

Raynor and his forces, plagued by low morale and lack of resources, continue their struggle against the Dominion. Victory against Mengsk, however, seems more distant than ever....

Cinematic: The Deal

Transcript:

Arcturus
They say a man never really knows himself...

...until his freedom's been taken away. I wonder, how well do you know yourself?

Adjutant
Prisoner, step forward onto the platform.

Arcturus
Convict 626... Murderer. Pirate... Traitor.

Today... you go free.

But as you'll soon learn... even freedom has a price.

Adjutant
Combat suit sealed... and locked.

Arcturus
You'll carry your prison with you. That armor will be your new cell.

Make no mistake - War is coming, with all its glory... and all its horror.

Mr. Findlay - your freedom awaits.

Tychus
Hell... it's about time.

Cinematic: Public Enemy

Transcript:

Vermillion
...and in other news today, Emperor Arcturus Mengsk held a press conference commemorating the end of the so-called Brood War some four years ago. Our own Kate Lockwell was on the scene.

Lockwell
Emperor, the threat of a new zerg invasion is still very real - but instead of expanding our fleets, you've squandered trillions on hunting down has-been rebels like Jim Raynor!

Arcturus
(irritated) Jim Raynor represents a clear and present threat to this Dominion! He is an unscrupulous, lawless revolutionary bent on spreading fear and dissention across the sector! He and his ragtag band of miscreants have instigated open rebellion across six separate worlds - and stolen vast amounts of Dominion weapons and hardware!

Raynor
He'll pay for what he did to both of us...

Arcturus
I assure you, this criminal will be brought to justice... very soon.

Raynor
(confident, bad-ass) It ain't over till it's over, you son of a bitch.

Adjutant, are my troops ready yet?

Adjutant
Your forces are prepared and awaiting your orders, Commander. Uploading tactical data now.

Raynor
Good. 'Bout time we kicked this revolution into overdrive.

"LIBERATION DAY"
MISSION INTRODUCTION:

Adjutant
Backwater Station is the center of Dominion logistics on Mar Sara.

Destroying Dominion authority here will cripple Emperor Mengsk's operations throughout the planet.

BRIEFING:

Raynor
Adjutant, what do ya got for me?

Adjutant
Dominion forces have set up a logistics headquarters in the town of Backwater Station.

This has become the hub for all operations on Mar Sara. The Dominion recently pulled troops out of the city, and they are now under-strength.

Raynor
Are the locals cooperating?

Adjutant
The people of Backwater Station are known to be anti-Dominion, but they lack weapons and organization.

Raynor
If I can take that headquarters away from Mengsk, it will cripple him on this planet. Prep my ship.

GAME:

Raynor
Alright boys, let's show the locals they don't need to fear the Dominion.

Raynor
Keep your intervals wide, your eyes open and your asses covered. Let's move!

Dog
Arf arf!

Civilian Female 5 (Elderly)
Don't go up that road.

Raynor
Why? What's waitin' for us?

Dog
Whine! Howl!

Civilian Female 5 (Elderly)
Stay away.

Arcturus
Keep a close watch on your neighbors. Dissent will only slow our progress.

Adjutant
Commander, destroying the Dominion Holoboards will help incite rebellion against the Dominion.

Raynor
I'm gettin' mighty tired of seein' Mengsk's face! Blast it!

Arcturus
Korhal is the heart of the Dominion, but the common man is the heart of the future!

Raynor
Where is everyone?

Civilian
My neighbors. My family...

Raynor
This is starting to look ugly.

Adjutant
Commander, a large Dominion force is gathering in the center of town.

Raynor
Then it's time to call in that 'special delivery' we talked about.

Marine
Thanks for the assist! We're with you, Raynor!

Arcturus
Work hard. Stand proud. We must all sacrifice for the glory of the Dominion!

Dominion Marine
That's Raynor! Most wanted man in the Dominion!

Arcturus
No sacrifice is too great for safeguarding our communities...

Arcturus
Your freedoms must be protected!

Raynor
This is bad.

Raynor
Finally. There's the locals!

Dominion Marine
You'll all be given a meal when you reach the dig site.

Civilian
My brother went off to the mine last week. He disappeared!

Dominion Marine
We got a runner!

Raynor
They're shooting civilians! Move in!

Raynor
Mengsk has a lot to pay for.

Civilian
Thank you Raynor! We knew you wouldn't forget us!

Civilian
There's more people still bein' held up ahead!

Raynor
I'll see to them.

Arcturus
Friends, with our official labor programs, everyone can help to build a better tomorrow!

Civilian
Marshal Raynor. Been a while since we saw you around here.

Civilian
We're with ya, Raiders!

Arcturus
Labor redistribution mandates may require you to serve your term in areas all across the Dominion!

Dominion Officer
This is a restricted area! You insurgents are under arrest!

Civilian
We got yer' back, Raynor!

Civilian
I didn't think we could fight them. But we can!

Raynor
Now you've got the weapons and the resources to do it. Remember, Mengsk can only control you if you let him.

POST-MISSION NEWSCAST:

--- [News ticker text] +++ Prince Valerian opens veteran's hospital on Helios +++ Korhal property boom will be short lived say analysts +++ Tyrador tsunami relief operation enters new phase +++ SAT1 reports unusual activity in Char system, fleet put on alert +++ This is UNN with Donny Vermillion +++

Vermillion
This is Donny Vermillion, live from the UNN studios on Korhal. We've got a breaking story for you. Let's go live to our own Kate Lockwell, on the fringe world of Mar Sara. Kate?

Lockwell
Thanks Donny! Rebel Jim Raynor has reappeared in a big way. He's attacked a Dominion depot near Backwater Station, seizing weapons and distributing them to the local populace.

Vermillion
Kate, I bet the locals are pretty nervous about having a notorious outlaw in their neighborhood.

Lockwell
Actually Donny, the people I talked to seemed really encouraged by the--

Vermillion
Thanks Kate! You heard it here first -- Jim Raynor, terrorizing the locals on Mar Sara. When we return, are your kids using stim-paks?

Raynor
Keep talkin' pal. I'm just gettin' started.

BAR:

Raynor
Call me curious, but how'd you get out?

Tychus
Well, I busted out of my cryo-freezer while they were transporting me to New Folsom. Oh, I musta' killed at least dozen guards with my bare hands...

Raynor
Haha. Yeah, I've heard this one before! But you left out the part where you walked on water, made off with the Warden's daughter!

Tychus
Don't you get uppity with me, boy. I heard all about you becoming a big time freedom fighter while I was away! What happened, Jimmy - the war for truth and justice get too much for ya?

Raynor
I ain't licked yet, Tychus. And I promise you - Mengsk is goin' down one way or another.

BATTLE.NET LOADING SCREEN:

Word of the rebellion is spreading like wildfire. Dominion forces are struggling to maintain control in mines and settlements across Mar Sara. It's the perfect time to strike....

PLANET INFO:

Mar Sara was the eighth colony world settled by the old Terran Confederacy. Though it's considered a backwater, Mar Sara's mining industry was once seen as a key strategic asset.

EPILOGUE:

Word of the rebellion is spreading like wildfire. Dominion forces are struggling to maintain control in mines and settlements across Mar Sara. It's the perfect time to strike....

Cinematic: Old Times

Transcript:

Tychus
Y'know, for the most wanted man in the sector - you ain't that hard to find.

I had to see it for myself. Little Jimmy Raynor... the people's hero.

Raynor
(recognizing) Tychus Findlay...

(sarcastic) Nice suit.

Tychus
Pays to be prepared.

Raynor
I heard they put you on ice. Life sentence. (sarcastic) What, did they give you time off for good behavior?

Tychus
That's right, old buddy. I'm a model citizen now.

Raynor
(laughs) So to what do I owe the pleasure?

Tychus
Just a friendly business proposition. Do you even know what the Dominion are doing out here?

Raynor
I'm guessin' yer about to tell me.

Tychus
Digging up alien artifacts, old buddy. Your boy Mengsk has gone crazy for 'em. But I got a contact that'll pay top dollar for every artifact we...liberate from the Dominion.

Raynor
I guess I can hardly pass that up, now can I, Tychus?

Tychus
Partners then. Sixty-forty.

Raynor
Seventy-thirty. My way.

Raynor
(laughs) Feels like old times already!

Tychus
Old Times.

"THE OUTLAWS"
MISSION INTRODUCTION:

Adjutant
Thanks to your actions Mar Sara is now in a state of open revolt against Arcturus Mengsk.

Ex-convict Tychus Findlay has revealed the Dominion came to Mar Sara to excavate an alien artifact.

Seizing the artifact will strike another blow against the Dominion and generate funds from selling
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|网站统计|手机版|小黑屋|中国星际RPG联盟    

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 17:25 , Processed in 1.234375 second(s), 22 queries .