发表于 2013-11-28 17:20:08 | 只看该作者 |只看大图 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

The Gallantry

An Original Starcraft Campaign

Created by:
Desler
Joel Steudler

Xavier

CAMPAIGN IS ON HOLD

"Our people are fortunate, having been spared the worst of the war's ravages. But the galaxy is vast and mostly uncharted, and the Koprulu Sector is not the only source from which a threat may come... the Zerg have shown us that. In order to be prepared for the next great challenge, we have launched the DSS Gallantry and her crew -they are the finest Dorasida, and indeed, Humanity, has to offer..."

- Admiral Rick Marsel, Dorasidan High Command

下载地址:
http://www.scrpg.net/data/attachment/csga/The Gallantry.exe

The Gallantry - A Gallant Ship

“I think you’ll find this quite inspiring. It got Kid Morning’s approval.” Colonel Dagun tossed a weather-beaten, leather-bound volume of considerable thickness onto the desk. At least, so he hoped. It would take a pretty impressive piece of literature to inspire someone as practical and down-to-earth as the tough old admiral.

Admiral Marsel lifted the heavy cover slowly and took a deep breath, raising his eyebrows with mock drama. Dagun had grown accustomed to the older man’s cynical sense of humor, and allowed himself a small, diplomatic smile in response.

"A refined taste in literature, I see.” Marsel’s eyebrows lowered, and his voice softened ever so slightly. “I wish my son had taken a liking to literature. That boy missed so damn much growing up. Damn shame."

“Yes, sir.” Sympathetic indifference. There was a pause. “Admiral, recently it’s come to my attention that the Tarkenped navy has attracted a lot of public concern. Our officers have been taking a lot of heat from civilian critics.”

Marsel sighed, and turned away to stare out of the office’s tall windows. Distant stars twinkled harmoniously against the panes of armored glass. The admiral’s rough, hard-worked hands tightened involuntarily into a fist, then relaxed. Dagun waited for some sign to continue, but the old man’s eyes were as far away as the spots of light gleaming through the windows. For the first time, Dagun saw a tired, aging man beneath the spotless uniform and shining rows of medals.

“Sir?” he asked, more gently. Marsel quickly turned to face the younger man, his eyebrows drawing together, his posture suddenly brisk and businesslike.

“Yes, yes, Colonel, I heard ya. These damn bureaucrats don’t know how to run the military. It just burns me to see them pretending like they know they what they’re doing. The military can’t be run like a democracy. It’s a different kind of animal. When I was your age, the people followed the two great generals of the Tark and the Ped forces. And they didn’t complain as much as they do today.”

He could see that the Colonel had tensed, his jaws set, his hands tightly pressed against his uniform pants. The young man didn’t agree with him. Marsel swore inwardly. The last thing he wanted was to get Dagun all worked up. He gave Dagun a wink and reached under his desk, pulling out two wineglasses and a half-empty bottle that glittered with a translucent liquid. After all, the kid was young. When he got older, he’d see. With that reassuring thought in mind, Marsel uncorked the bottle, drew in the aroma of the alcohol, and poured Dagun a glass of the whiskey.

Marsel poured himself a glass, and raised it. “The civil war,” he intoned simply. Dagun raised his glass, and accepted the admiral’s toast. The soft clink of glass on glass rang succinctly in the still, quiet room.

"During the war, people didn't whine about a 'lack of air support' or complain that not enough people were enlisting. We knew our job, and the people supported us in every way from here to Sunday. Then peace comes, bureaucracy gets established, and things are never the same." Marsel finished his whiskey and set the glass down on his desk.

Dagun had stiffened. “Sir, are you saying you’d rather have us still fighting the war?” Marsel shook his head firmly.

"Oh, Colonel, you know that's not what I was getting at, son. The fleet is just getting dated. We've had the same battlecruiser design for about a decade. The same laser technology. Rules of engagement manuals haven't been updated in years. No technological advancements..." He sighed heavily.

“Exactly, sir,” said Dagun quickly. “That’s why I think it’s a good time to approve my latest project proposal.” There was no hint of recognition in the admiral’s face. “Codenamed Phoenix, sir?” added Dagun helpfully.

There was a flicker of annoyed recognition. Dagun plunged quickly forward before Marsel could say anything.

“We’ve got everything laid out, blueprints, equipment manifests, you name it. There’s just the matter of cost.”

Marsel shook his head slowly. He brought his hands together across the elegant white marble surface of his desk. "Look, Colonel, I know you spent like years researching the dynamics of this thing, but facts are facts, and there ain't no way in hell that I'm gonna approve ninety thousand kilos of raw material into making one ship. With that much material, we can build a whole fleet! We've already invested so much into rebuilding that damn Genid Platform from scratch that we just don't got the resources for this thing. Now, as I've said before, if you scale it back to a tenth of what you propose, I'll approve it."

“I’ve got that figured out, Admiral. There’s a volcanic range on the planet Char that is home to a very remarkable geological phenomenon. Our research boys have been calling it spontaneous crystalline regrowth. It’s a naturally occurring anomaly in which raw crystals reform almost instantaneously after being subjected to fusion processing. It effectively creates an inexhaustible, massive field of harvestable resources, ripe for the taking. I’ve ordered it classified under the provisions of General Order Three. But we’ve got to act quickly. According to the research people, it will be unrecoverably lost to Char’s tectonic shifts within the month. Give me a couple of weeks, sir, and a battlecruiser fleet, and we’ll have enough to fund the Phoenix Project.”

Marsel shook his head, surprised and impressed. “I do buy that. But if we lose those ships—“

“We won’t lose the ships, sir.” Dagun held his breath, since he knew Marsel didn’t like being interrupted. The admiral gave him a scowl.

“If we lose those ships, there’s gonna be hell to pay what with the government being uppity as it is about military expenditure. Now I admire your tenacity, but determination alone isn’t going to get you anywhere.”

“If you’re worried about exposure, Admiral, aside from us only the Dominion knows about this thing.” Dagun allowed himself a pleased smile. “I’ve been in touch with our man Kline, and it seems he’s more than willing to keep the Dominion’s top brass busy while we quietly mine for what we need.

The admiral stroked his chin, chuckling softly. “You’re a hell of a negotiator, Dagun. The Diplomatic Corps could use a man like you. I promise you I’ll review it seriously. I’ll have an answer for you—“ He was interrupted abruptly by a soft beep from the operations console inset in the marble of his desk. The calm quiet of the admiral’s ready room was rudely shattered by a loud hiss of noise from the console.

“Admiral! This is a priority red emergency transmission from Genid Space Station!” the harried corporal on the console screen glanced over his shoulder as a panel behind him exploded in a shower of arcing sparks. “We’re under heavy attack from Zerg forces! Recon didn’t see it coming, communications has been shot to hell, and we’ve lost contact with the resupply fleet scheduled to dock at 0900!”

The lines in Marsel’s ancient face were suddenly ablaze with fiery energy. “Get me Colonel Marsel!” he roared.

“Sir? I can’t quite make out—“ the corporal’s response was lost in a flurry of dull explosions on his side of the transmission.

“Goddammit, I said get my son on screen!” shouted the admiral, shaking his fist at the hapless visage of the corporal. The image on the screen disappeared in a wave of prolonged static, and when it returned the face that appeared belonged to Kar Marsel.

“Admiral! We’ve lost our communications tower, so no one knows exactly what the hell’s going on. We’ve got incoming Terran forces as well, they’ve got—“ There was louder, resounding explosion and the younger Marsel’s face was lost in a blur of static. The transmission went dead a moment later, leaving the room as quiet as it had been earlier. It was a deadly silence, broken a second afterward by the admiral leaping out of his chair, grabbing his uniform jacket off his coat hanger, and making for the door out of the ready room is broad strides.

“Sir? What about the project?” Dagun called out after him, stumbling over a chair leg to catch up. As they left the room, Marsel didn’t slacken his pace or even turn around, but answered after a moment of consideration.

“Go see my secretary for the paperwork. You’ll get your ship.” Dagun smiled in spite of himself.

"And sir?” This time Marsel turned. “I think you forgot your book.” The older man gave him a quick smile.

“I read that before. Very gallant heroes, were those knights of Camot.”

Dagun’s smile widened. “Camelot, sir. And yes, sir. Gallantry. They showed great gallantry.” He shook his head as the door closed behind the old man.

Characters:

GALLANTRY CREW

Captain Rane Lance
Captain, DSS Gallantry
With his casual, relaxed manner and laid-back, carefree temperament, Rane Lance seems a poor choice for a command officer; unlike many of his ambitious fellow captains, Lance seems indifferent to the advancement of his career. But beneath his careless exterior lies the strength of will and the gift of communication found only in the heart of a born leader.

Commander Derek Green
Commander, DSS Gallantry
Derek Green has tried all his life to be the perfect officer. Strong, stern, disciplined, and highly intelligent he is a capable bridge officer but simply doesn’t have the natural charisma of a true leader. However, he exudes the precise aura of disciplined calm and order lacked by Lanse.

Lieutenant Vick Kranson
Marine Corps Leader, DSS Gallantry

When the dirty work needs to be done up close and personal, Lieutenant Kranson and his personally trained company of marines is ready and on the bounce. He expects his men to be every bit as tough and masculine as he is. Off duty, he’s likeable and very friendly – if he likes you.

Lieutenant Ji Katan
Gallantry Wraith Squadron Captain, DSS Gallantry

Ji Katan is cheerful and composed, giving any mission, routine or suicidal, the same focused concentration. He is obedient and loyal, a superb pilot with a genuine love for flying and a talented flight leader with a strong grasp of squadron-based space combat tactics.

Chief Jiles 'Jeeves' Montgomery
Chief Engineer of the DSS Gallantry

Regarded rather poorly on the ground by the Dorasidan Engineering Corps, ‘Jeeves’ is an enthusiastic officer whose only weakness as an engineer lies in his persistent fondness for drink. Although no one has noticed, he tends to work more efficiently when under the influence.

Lieutenant Commander Eustace, Robert Twownsend
Junior bridge officer. DSS Gallantry

A seasoned veteran of many a campaign, Robert Eustace is a cynical, often sardonic officer who is in the military primarily for the money and job benefits. He holds the Dorasidan military bureaucracy in contempt and values the individual above all else. Well-trained and competent, he typically reins in the enthusiastic Commander Green and, armed with a wealth of real-world experience, gives sound advice to anyone that wants it. On duty, he is stiff and dry; off-duty he is sarcastic and mocking in a debonair, casual manner. Yet for all his sharp-witted sarcasm, he cares deeply about the men under his command.

NON-ALIGNED

Devin Lowburn
Unknown

Still young, Devin Lowburn is a rising star in Dorsasida's criminal underground. He is believed to be involved closely with the New Dresdia Skulls, a criminal organization made enormously wealthy by its monopolizing of Dorasida's thriving black market, which deals primarily in illict cutting-edge weaponry and stolen technologies from all over the Koprulu Sector. The details of Lowburn's past are few; he was once a poor street kid who slowly worked his way up from gangs of petty criminals to larger gangs, eventually joining up with a group of elite super- thieves who specialized in stealing the Dorasidan military's latest toys. It is suspected by planetary authorities that Lowburn tried to make off with the money garnered from the sales of those stolen military weapons but was forced to spend most of it to hire a personal bodyguard, as police reports indicate he survived several assassination attempts. Currently, New Dresdia police officials believe that Lowburn is in hiding, planning his latest score so he can secure the financial assets he needs to strike out on his own and gain control of the New Dresdia Skulls. Whatever the case, Devin Lowburn is considered dangerous, sly, and above all, unpredictable.

DORASIDAN HIGH COMMAND

Admiral Rick Marsel
Fleet Admiral, Tarkenped Army, Dorasida

Admiral Marsel comes from a long line of career military officers, with a son named Kar serving as a Colonel in the Dorasidan Navy. He is an experienced, dignified man, stern, open-minded but mindful of procedure, typical of Dorasida’s top brass. His long years of diverse service have given him a unique brand of dry, cynical humor.

THE NOLARAN EMPIRE

Lord Ronan
Supreme Ruler of the Nolaran Empire

Ronan’s proud, aristocratic bearing belies a single, desperate goal: to keep his people alive. The mysterious leader of a mysterious race, it is rumored that only Ronan knows the origins of his people, classifying the truth under the guise of Imperial secrets. Ronan’s heart has hardened over the years, but he has not completely lost the idealistic romanticism born of his patrician lineage.

General Grotez
General, Nolaran Fleet

Grotez is cruel and merciless, treating any who offend him with the same degree of brutal ferocity, be they friend or foe. His name is often whispered with fear among the lower ranks of Nolaran warriors, as Grotez has only one punishment for failure: death.

General Pharrix
General, Nolaran Fleet

The polar opposite of Grotez, Pharrix is a weak and timid leader, typically incapable of making his own decisions without a consensus from his underlings. All too often, it is his staff of officers who actually decide his orders; Pharrix merely confirms them.

The Gallantry From the Desk of Xavier:

Introduction

This column is written by me, Xavier, a.k.a Grant Huang. I try to write a few paragraphs every week about what it's like being the leader of the last great SC campaign, and of things to come. All issues of this column are archived on this page, ordered from newest to oldest.

Entry 5 - March 22, 2002

Dear friends and fans of the Gallantry,

I owe you all the deepest of apologies for not having kept you up to date on our progress these last long months. I was very much occupied with applying to college, pulling high school matters into place, and with an outstanding production of the musical Bye Bye Birdie at my school. The addition of a job which requires my steady attendance during the weekends (which, up until my getting hired, were my prime time for Gallantry work) complicates matters further.

However, in my absence, my younger brother Wadsworth, previously of SCLegacy fame, has been taking up the slack. He has been organizing work on Episode II, and the team has not been resting on its laurels all this time. Since we plan to include a significant amount of new material in Episode II, it is taking longer than expected. My absence has also caused delays, and so the net delay is quite substantial. But this doesn't mean that we've given up; despite a slow few months' work, we are now going strong and hope to release the finished episode within a month or so.

One sad event of note is the departure, for the moment temporary (though possibly permanent), of our venerable sound engineer Mingvana. As I have stated before, his presence and leadership has been vital, not only for the Gallantry SFX Team which he formerly headed but for the entire project. We are hoping that our remaining members can finish the needed work without him, and Wadsworth, with my authorization, is currently attempting to find a suitable replacement. That said, if anyone believes they have the expertise and experience necessary to fill the tremendous gap left by Ming, they may contact Wadsworth or myself via email.

Just to whet your appetites, here is a brief list of new features that had not originally been planned for Episode II: new tileset dooddads, from ancient Protoss artifacts to the furniture and equipment aboard the Gallantry, a new critter for the Installation tileset, brand-new, original portraits for all Nolaran characters and units introduced, original portraits for several Gallantry characters/heroes, and much, much more.

I myself will be devoting as much time as my schedule allows to the prosperity of this project. So, until the glorious date of E2's release, bear with me and forgive me my sins of keeping you folks out of the loop.

Regards,

- X a v i e r

Entry 4 - January 6th, 2002

No snow, despite the midweek storm that hit the Southern U.S. with several feet of the white stuff. Another storm was predicted for this weekend, but central Maryland, where I live, is just off the storm's path enough to get only cold rain and some sleet. Disappointing for the college-bound senior who doesn't have to make up any school-snow days with summer vacation time. The rain is nasty outside - it's turned the sky gray and overcast and just ugly. I'm feeling down. To be honest, scripting for the final mission of Episode II is a bit troublesome as well; it's the first time I have to write original scripts for The Gallantry, and I'm trying to feel around for the right direction to take the story in.

We release the campaign in an episodic format, with each episode consisting three full-length missions. A few days after we release an episode, we release an audio preview trailer for the next episode.

The time inbetween episodes will be filled with Design Journals to keep the fans apprised of our status every week. I forsee approximately two to three weeks production time, depending on new units/portraits, people's schedules, etc. -- I'll probably be more conservative when setting future release dates, as well.

Desler wrote scripts for two Episodes... after Episode 2, I will be writing the scripts and will be handling where the story goes - a point that I look forward to. How long will we be doing this? Who knows. As long as we have fans, is my personal hope. Maybe a year or so from now, when no one, not even the most hardcore of fans is Starcraft anymore, the Gallantry crew will turn to some other game covered by Campaign Creations. I have a great deal of respect for RCX and his operation of the site, and am constantly impressed by the size and loyalty of the following it has gathered.

So, to all our fans: just sit back in your armchairs, sip that hot drink, and enjoy the holidays as Christmas and Episode I comes hurtling your way!

- X a v i e r

Entry 3 - December 30th, 2001

BahamutZERO and I have slaved all night - it's nearly half past midnight at the moment. We're adding music to the last two missions of Episode I. I'm tired, and I know up in Quebec somewhere, BZ is tired too. The team was stressed out after we missed the Christmas deadline, and there were some bitter words and heated posts, but everyone's cooled down now, and most of Team 2 is asleep, awaiting the release of Episode I, much like you, dear readers.

A long time ago, I started an ambitious project called the Legacy Saga... how I loved every sentence of script I wrote for that beautiful campaign. Alas, a number of real-life issues came up, and I gave it up, certain that I had outgrown authoring campaigns for a dying game. Yet barely two months ago I was sitting at a computer at school, staring at a listless and barren Gallantry Crew Forum. Desler had dreamed great dreams... by then it had become obvious to me that he wasn't coming back. The Gallantry would fade away... those colorful characters and promises of high adventure and warm camaraderie would disappear forever. And I felt a pang of sorrow - the same sadness I felt when I was emailing everyone on the LSAGA team, telling them it was all over.

My fingers started to type, of their own accord, pleading Desler to come back, pleading everyone on the crew to stay on...

Fast forward two long months. I'm here, it's late, I'm tired, winter break's almost over - but I feel happy. Everything is in place, a trusted crew member is tying down the final few loose ends, and the website has been cleaned up. We're releasing tomorrow. I didn't let the dream die this time...

P.S.
I'd like to give a special thanks to BahamutZERO, who has done an
incredible amount of work and put up with a whole lot of crap. His
dedication genuine love for this project has truly touched me. I'd also
like to thank Desler, for he is the dreamer who returned in spite of
himself, to watch nervously over his project like the ghost of a dead
general come to guide his surviving soldiers. Lastly, I would like to
thank RCX, who, despite his vitriolic sarcasm and biting wit, always
came through for the team, even though he's not an official member
of Team 2. Enjoy Episode I, tell us how much you love it, so we can
find the inspiration to continue! Constructive criticism also appreciated.
You can email me personally here - I am usually good about returning
emails, no matter how many I get.

Happy New Year, everyone!

- X a v i e r

Entry 2 - December 14th, 2001

I'd like to discuss the future of The Gallantry after the release of Episode I, as well as the overall fashion in which the Gallantry team will be working.

We release the campaign in an episodic format, with each episode consisting three full-length missions. A few days after we release an episode, we release an audio preview trailer for the next episode.

The time inbetween episodes will be filled with Design Journals to keep the fans apprised of our status every week. I forsee approximately two to three weeks production time, depending on new units/portraits, people's schedules, etc. -- I'll probably be more conservative when setting future release dates, as well.

Desler wrote scripts for two Episodes... after Episode 2, I will be writing the scripts and will be handling where the story goes - a point that I look forward to. How long will we be doing this? Who knows. As long as we have fans, is my personal hope. Maybe a year or so from now, when no one, not even the most hardcore of fans is Starcraft anymore, the Gallantry crew will turn to some other game covered by Campaign Creations. I have a great deal of respect for RCX and his operation of the site, and am constantly impressed by the size and loyalty of the following it has gathered.

So, to all our fans: just sit back in your armchairs, sip that hot drink, and enjoy the holidays as Christmas and Episode I comes hurtling your way!

- X a v i e r

Entry 1 - December 8th, 2001

My first involvement with The Gallantry came along when I saw a promising new project over at Campaign Creations and auditioned as a voice actor. Desler, having known me for sometime in the StarCraft community, accepted me and a few long arguements later, he appointed me as story consultant and script editor.

When I began reading Desler's scripts and editing them, THAT was when I fell in love with the project and really began contributing to Desler's writing with heartfelt earnestness. His creativity and originality impressed me, although his tendency to be stubborn continued to frustrate me. Nonetheless, I believe him to be a person of outstanding creative and leadership ability.

The long months during which the project was put on hold worried me, even though I was quite busy with many other things. In the back of my mind I began to doubt whether Desler would ever return to the Gallantry and finish what he had started. My worst fears were realized when he announced that he was indeed leaving. I posted on the stagnant Gallantry Crew Forum, protesting that to throw away the creativity and writing and passion and intellect put into this project would be a terrible waste.

And I was not alone. I suspect the strong reaction from the other members of the Gallantry team greatly influenced Desler's decision to give US the choice of either continuing or abandoning the project. I know how difficult it must have been for Desler to hand the helm of his great project over to me, to give his work to another, and I fully appreciate the sacrifice he has made.

I intend to complete the project to the best of my ability, and to devote as much energy as I can spare to it. I am giving my best as a leader to this project, and I expect no less than the best from the Gallantry Crew serving under me.

Compared to Desler, I am sterner, and more strict. I am less amiable, and give praise far more sparingly. However, I will get the job done, and everyone on the Gallantry Team can tell you that I have really rallied them together and have just given them a kick to get going. I have made heavy demands of their time and energy, and I have drawn tight deadlines. And the talented people in this group have not failed me. I have been and continue to be, impressed with their dedication, skill, and genuine love for the project. I'm proud of the work they've done, the camaraderie they have shown, the spirit of teamwork they have always exhibited - in short, I am proud of THEM ALL.

Episode I of The Gallantry WILL arrive on midnight, Christmas Eve... and that's a promise.

Happy Holidays,

- X a v i e r

Meet Team 2:

Xavier

Name: Grant Huang
Alias: Xavier
Job: Project Leader, Voice Actor
Quote: "rocrastination is just like masturbation. You're only screwing yourself."

I'm a high school senior in Maryland, USA, interested in music, drama, writing, soccer, table tennis, and computers. In my spare time I play the trumpet and am an editor on the school's Yearbook staff and a member of the International Thespian Society. Looking forward to college next year!!

Favorite color: blue
Favorite smell: the smell of freshly peeled oranges
Favorite food: oranges
Favorite book(s): The Great Gatsby, My Antonia
Favorite movie(s): The Shawshank Redemption, Contact
Least favorite sport: running (because it sucks but you gotta do it)
Least favorite color: gonna have to go with hot pink
Least favorite book: Macbeth (a dull, unending character study)
Least favorite food: mushrooms (they're evil)
Least favorite smell: that of freshly expelled flatulence

Mingvana

Name: Ming-Fai Wai
Alias: Mingvana
Job: Sound Engineer
Quote: "Time for Mr. Nicotine."

Well here's my part. I'm a Chinese guy born and raised in the Netherlands. I've got a twin brother and surprisingly people very often can't tell the difference between the two of us.

In my free time I like to hang around and go out with my friends, have a few drinks, play some foosball, talk to other people or just dance till I drop. I love to draw, play the guitar, cook and play basketball too. Oh and I like too listen to music as well: rock, hardrock, alternative rock, metal, poprock, blues, dance, 80's music and there must be something I'm forgetting.

My occupation? Well I'm just a poor IT-student with a part time job at the local supermarket.

Good habits? I get along very well with most people, so it's hard not to like me.

Bad habits? Unfortunately, mr. nicotine comes in here...

And this concludes my story.

BahamutZERO

Name: Jean-Francois Roy
Alias: BahamutZERO
Job: Mac converter, Trailer creator, Mapmaker, MPQ Specialist
Quote: "Alright, this should work. Ah crap."

I am Jean-Francois, I live in Quebec City in Canada. I am currently doing my first year in college, and things are going smooth. I don’t have a lot of free time, but I manage to do some personal work and play games.

My main interests are programming on Mac and Unix boxes, as well as play video games like Starcraft, Unreal Tournament or RPGs (big fan of SquareSoft - they rule).

I’d say one of my good habits to perfection. I consider myself overzealous, bites me some times. My worst bad habit is to postpone my schoolwork and secretly hate all my physics teacher.
I think I may be the only francophone in the crew.

Maglok

Name: Simon kort
Alias: Maglok
Job: Voice Actor, Webmaster
Quote: "Don't make me run to Nuke'R'us and grab a nuke!"

I am Simon Kort, I live in The Netherlands. Please keep the cheesehead jokes to a minimum. I failed my exam last year and am redoing just a few failed classes this year. This resolves in a lot of free time and an easy schoolyear.

In my free time I love to compose music with the computer, voice for campaigns, drum and play ADnD with my friends. I just love to sent a Black Dragon at them when they are level 1.

Good habits... Hmmm... I never come late for school? Bad habits... I never do my homework. This is about it, together with Mingvana and Legion I make up the dutch portion of the team.

Magic

Name: Ben Brown
Alias: Magic
Job: Voice actor, Mapmaker, Portrait Modifier
Quote: "Quote? I don't need no stinkin' quote!"

I'm Ben Brown, born here in the North East of England, currently going to New College Durham on a computer course and I plan to do Games Design at Teeside Uni. I'm hardly as much as a wild lad as my reputation in this community precedes, I'm more quieter and shy than you'd think, but I do know how to enjoy myself from time to time and I know some pretty crazy people too.

I've been using computers all my life- since my early days of the ZX81 Spectrum, through the Amstrad years up to nowadays with a PC.

In my other spare time, I go jogging or read novels, like the Dune saga. I've finally got my first proper part time job doing bar work at a nearby pub. Over the net, I help out voicing numerous campaigns and mods, work as a scenario designer on IndyProject and lead the Star Alliance. In the future, however, I'm determined to get into the gaming industry full time as a games designer and project leader.

NiteFox

Name: Kevin Thomas
Alias: NiteFox
Quote: "Sigh"

My name's Kevin Thomas, a poor, pitiful student from South Wales, locked in a degree that will take me the best part of five years to complete. At least it keeps me away from reality for the time being

In the free time I get I tend to socialise, read, watch TV, read some more, or actually use my free time to do something useful. I have no job, I've either been fired or turned down from anything I've tried my hand at. I can't even get a job at a supermarket... Still, all this does have a benefit, as I have time to hone my computing skills to the degree where a six-figure salary is expected.

Jealous? If you knew how much work I had to put in, you wouldn't be...

Desler

Name: Marco Hernandez
Alias: Desler
Job: Advisor
Quote: "Whoa"

My name is Marco Hernandez, I'm 21 and living in Dallas, Texas. I'm currently working full time, and plan on doing whatever it takes to become a Police Officer. I plan to stay a police officer once reaching that, and not get promoted into a desk job, because being a field officer is one of the most exciting careers around. My mind is set to do whatever it takes to reach that goal. My social life is currently in the status of sucking: with revisions pending only if I meet the one and only girl of my dreams (quite literally).

War'Giant

Name: Andrew Marciniak
Alias: War'Giant
Job: Technical department, Modeller
Quote: "[evil laugh]Muwah ha ha ha ha![/evil laugh]"

Im Andrew Marciniak, born in New York USA, recently moved to North Carolina (it sucks here). I have been using computers most of my life, and enjoy doing programing, and playing video games. I also like listening to music: Rock, metal, techno, classical, anime mucic.

Favorite things: computer, anime, building things, art.

Occupational Status: Student

Legion

Name: Bart-Jan van Lindert
Alias: Legion
Job: Voice actor, Sound Engineer
Quote: "Who cares?"

My name is Bart-Jan van Lindert, and I was born in Rotterdam, Netherlands. I'm a sixteen year old student.

I've been using Internet for a long time, now, and when Starcraft came, I started getting interested in making an add-on campaign for this great game. Thus I started making sounds and effects for my own campaign, have had a number of microphones (from cheap, $10 ones to an expensive studio mic) and have been practicing sound editing for over one year.

I have a few bad habits. Actually, I have a lot, but I'll give you a few, just to look a bit better. I'm an "only-when-I-have-the-money" smoker, swear a lot and hate almost everyone and everything.

I also have a few good habits... I guess. In spite of my short temper, I can get along well with most people.

So that's me in a nutcase. Trust me, you don't want me in anything larger than a nutcase. =)

The Gallantry Design Journal:

Miscellaneous:
Episode 1
The Psionic Archon

There is always something going on in New Dresdia's number one hot-spot bar 'The Psionic Archon'. All sorts of people visit the place, just to have nice chat, or to drink away their sorrows and pray that the next day will never arrive. The recent announcement of a bar curfew isn't going to be appreciated by a lot of folks...

"Yesterday I was in the Archon again, it was really weird. As usual, Dmitri was here, drunk and babbling nonsense. His friend Javier though, was acting kinda strange. He had something to tell Dmitri. I don't think they knew I was eavesdropping... Javier was talking about ships disappearing. Well I don't know if it's true or not, but I don't think Dmitri was paying serious attention..."

- James West, citizen of New Dresdia, talking to his friends

"Okay, so I am supposed to stay away from the bars for three hours. Three hours, that's nothing! I could easily do that. No problems at all. Nope... Ah, heck, who am I kidding? I mean, what am I supposed to do for three hours? I might as well get a job... ...my God... What am I saying? Oh well, I might as well start looking..."

- Rane Lance, citizen of New Dresdia

"He's really cute! I believe he's looking for a job or something..."
"Well he's cute indeed, come to mama..."

"Dammit Danny, it's that cop again! He's not coming our way, is he?"
"James, I think we'd better go..."

Christmas with the Gallantry

Christmas is something the people at The Gallantry celebrate just like us. To show that, they decided to sing a song.

So this is Christmas

Eustace
And so this is Christmas,
And what have you done?
Another year over,
And a new one just begun.

Lowburn
For black and for white,
For yellow and red ones,
Let's stop all the fight.

Montgomery
A very Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year;
Let's hope it's a good one,
Without any fear.

Montgomery
For weak and for strong,
For rich and for poor ones,
The war is so wrong.

Katan
For black and for white,
For yellow and red ones,
Let's stop all the fight.

Marsel
A very Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year;
Let's hope it's a good one,
Without any fear.

Jiles Montgomery

One of the first people Rane Lance gets to meet is Chief Engineer Jiles 'Jeeves' Montgomery. Jiles is one of the most enthusiastic workers around, though everybody in the Dorasidan Engineering Corps knows one thing: he's a hell of a drinker, and his drinking behavior is probably his biggest weakness.

Still, Jiles Montgomery will become one of Rane's most trusted partners during the course of their journey.

New voice

Back when Desler announced The Gallantry to the public, Legion was the man selected to voice the alcoholic Chief Engineer. Legion proved to be a great actor, and he gave Jiles a unique voice and character.

Unfortunately, Legion had to quit the project due to real-life issues. Though all of his lines for Episode 1 were already completed, Xavier decided that it would be wise to replace the voice for Jiles entirely. That's why, Xavier took the task upon himself to voice Jiles. You can find out the result for yourselves...

"Jiles Montgomery? Yeah we know him. He was the most lazy worker around, but he was a damn good drinker. Everybody liked the old chump. Ain't that right, Jess?"
"He saved my ass plenty of times, Rick, you know how I feel about him."
-Rick and Jess, Dorasidan Engineers
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|网站统计|手机版|小黑屋|中国星际RPG联盟    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 18:41 , Processed in 1.265625 second(s), 22 queries .